Friday, July 24, 2009

Of Ringgit and Me


(this is a picture from google image. i have no right and i don't even want to have right to this picture because i do not own such an ugly mattress and bag)


Lord, forgive me for i have sinned. I had committed the ultimate crime of spending. i overspended.

I am a sore loser when it comes to money management. I got my first ever paycheck for last month and whats left as of today is..... RM300.00......

I told myself i must have at least Rm1000.00 left in my bank account before i get my next paycheck but words are only words. i betrayed myself.

But.. the feeling of spending my own money gives me a sense of satisfaction, independence, glad, grown up (despite being only barely 20) , and also a pinch in the ass whenever i flash some cash to pay for something.. ouch..

anyway, i did share my earnings with my siblings.. RM50.00 each. i have 3 siblings. you do the math. i left a note in their wallet with the vibrant emerald blue banknote.

"Dear Josh, Ely, Eli.. heres some cash for you to spend.. Don't simply spend it!! Study Hard!! love, Korkor... "
the next morning when i woke up, my heart dropped when i found a long note stuck onto my sister's bathroom mirror with a RM50 note on it.

the feeling of embarrassment was running all over me.. i picked up the note and read it carefully, wondering what does the note says..

"hey *X%$%^!#, i can't believe u slammed the door in my %$#%^ face just for a mere Rm20.00 credit in Penang you #$%^$$#@ !!!!! #$#%$@#%$%!!! ..... heres a 50 and you can KEEP THE CHANGE you ***&^%$$ "

apparently it was a note Ely left for Eli. at that moment i felt:
1. phew, i thought one of them did not appreciate and need my money that much..
2. this is so funny!!
3. my note that says "Don't simply spend it" was ignored and had gone to its contrary



anyway... just a mere week till my next paycheck!! $$ka-chingzzzz$$

i hope i can save and spend wisely.... Amen...

No comments: